Kallo Foods Limited, trading as Wessanen UK and acting under the brand name “Clipper Teas”, (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our terms and conditions at http://www.clipper-teas.com/t-and-c/ and http://shop.clipper-teas.com/pages/terms-and-conditions and any other documents we refer to in this policy or our terms and conditions) set out how we will use your personal information and who it will be shared with. Please read the following carefully.
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
1.1 We may collect and process the following data about you, (“your information”):
- 1.1 information that you submit online via our site through placing orders, making requests, taking part in competitions and registering to receive materials, samples or newsletters.
- 1.2 any correspondence you send to us or communications you have with us (e.g. our contact centre social media or applications that interact with our site);
- 1.3 details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access (which may include, amongst other things; traffic data and communication data); and
- 1.4 details of transactions you carry out or orders you place through our site.
1.2 We are aware that your information may be confidential and we will protect the confidentiality of your information in accordance with our normal procedures and legal requirements.
1.3 We only collect and process your personal data for the uses you consent to.
2 HOW WILL WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
2.1 We use your information in the following ways:
- 1.1 to ensure that our site’s content is presented as effectively as possible for you (legitimate interests of Kallo Foods);
- 1.2 for our internal purposes, such as research and analysis, quality control, detection of fraud, site performance, system administration, so that we can provide you with enhanced services (legitimate interests of Kallo Foods);
- 1.3 to notify you about changes to our products and services, provided that you agreed to this (consent);
- 1.4 to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you, provided of course that you agreed to this (consent);
- 1.5 to run competitions and promotions, provided of course that you agreed to this (consent);
- 1.6 to create reports to assist with future marketing (legitimate interests of Kallo Foods);
- 1.7 to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts with you and for billing and delivery purposes (performance of a contract);
- 1.8 to enable you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so (consent);
- 1.9 to contact you to ask you for your view and opinions or to take part in surveys we complete from time to time, when you agree to participate (consent);
- 1.10 for complaint handling purposes (compliance with a legal obligation by Kallo Foods); and
- 1.11 for answering questions and replying to feedback (legitimate interests of Kallo Foods).
2.2 We may monitor your use of our site, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers, if you agreed to these types of cookies (consent). This is statistical information about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
2.3 We only keep your information for as long as is necessary.
4.1 We may contact you with information about our products and services from time to time, provided of course that you agree (consent). In case you are a customer, we may provide you with marketing information regarding similar products to the ones which you purchased from us (legitimate interests).
4.2 If you agree, we may also pass your information to our chosen partners who may contact you to provide marketing information about their products and services (consent).
4.3 If you are a customer who purchased our products and do not want us to use your information in this way, please tick the relevant boxes on the form when we collect your information. You may ask us at any time not to use your information for marketing purposes by contacting us: http://www.clipper-teas.com/get-in-touch/contact-us/
4.4 If you have signed up to our email newsletter using this website, you can remove your details from the subscription list using our Opt-out page
5 WHERE DO WE TRANSFER YOUR INFORMATION TO?
5.1 We may transfer your information to, or store it, outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to countries which do not have as developed data protection laws. It may also be processed by staff at our suppliers and agents, who may be involved in the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details, and the provision of hosting and support services (amongst other things).
5.2 Please do not send us your information if you do not want it to be transferred to or stored outside the EEA. By providing your information to us, you agree and consent to us transferring to, and storing your information at, a destination outside the EEA.
6 WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
6.1 We may share your personal information with subsidiaries which are part of the Wessanen Holding Group. The names of our subsidiaries can be found here https://wessanen.com/about-us/subsidiaries/ and are located within the EEA, more specifically in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the Netherlands.
6.2 We may share your information with other organisations
6.2.1 if we sell or buy any business or assets, (as we may share your personal data with the prospective seller or buyer);
6.2.2 if we or substantially all of our company assets are acquired by another party, in which case your personal information will be one of the transferred assets;
6.2.3 if we have to share your personal information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements, or if we have to enforce or apply our terms and conditions at http://www.clipper-teas.com/t-and-c/ and http://shop.clipper-teas.com/pages/terms-and-conditions or any other agreements or to protect our rights, property or our customers etc. This may involve exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6.3 We may also share your personal information with selected third parties for the purposes of delivery, credit card clearance, data analysis, order fulfilment, customer support and storage services.
7 HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE?
7.1 Our site is hosted by an marketing communications agency. We have a contract with them to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected.
7.2 If you have a username, password or other login details which enable you to access certain parts of our site, you must not allow any other person to use them and must treat them as confidential. If you believe or suspect that someone else knows your login details you must contact us: http://www.clipper-teas.com/get-in-touch/contact-us/ as soon as possible.
7.3 To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
7.4 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will apply our normal procedures and comply with legal requirements to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7.5 Our site may from time to time contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of those sites, please note that those sites ought to have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those sites or for their privacy policies. Please check those privacy policies before you submit your information to those sites. Please also see our terms and conditions at http://www.clipper-teas.com/t-and-c/for further provisions relating to other websites.
8.1 Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason we will never collect or maintain information from those we actually know are under 16, and no part of our site is structured to attract anyone under 16.
8.2 By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state, province or country of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state, province or country of residence and you have given your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site. As a parent, you can provide us with your consent by contacting us through this email address: email@example.com.
9 THIRD PARTY SERVICES
9.1 In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
11 YOUR RIGHTS As A DATA SUBJECT
11.1 Right to access: You have the right to access your information and should direct any request for your information by contacting us using this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
11.2 Right to rectification: You have the right to rectify inaccurate personal information or supplement incomplete personal information] by contacting us using this email address: email@example.com. In case we cannot rectify it, we will delete it.
11.3 Right to erasure: You have the right to have your personal information erased, in case:
- your personal information is no longer necessary for the purpose of collection or processing;
- you withdraw your consent, and there is no other legal ground for processing;
- you have objected to processing under legitimate interests, to which there were no overriding legitimate grounds for us;
- you have objected to processing for direct marketing purposes;
- your personal data was unlawfully collected and used;
- there is a legal obligation under EU or a national law of an EU Member State which states that your personal information must be erased; or
- if you are a child and your personal information was collected in relation to an offer of an information society services, such as direct marketing, competitions or newsletters.
11.4. Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to ask us to restrict usage of your personal information:
- for the period of investigation, if you notified us that the personal information is inaccurate];
- if the collection or usage of your personal data was unlawful, but you do not want us to delete it;
- if we do not need your personal data for any other purpose, than establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or
- if you objected to collection and processing based on our legitimate interests, for the duration that we are verifying your case.
11.5. Right to objection to processing: You have the right to object to collection and (further) usage of your personal data based on our legitimate interests, if you feel that your interests and your fundamental rights and freedoms are unduly harmed. Furthermore, you have the right to ask us not to process your information (or pass your information to other companies or organisations) for marketing purposes. In case you receive newsletters which relate to a product or a service you bought from us, you can unsubscribe from the email newsletter at any time by using the Opt-out page.
11.6 Right to data portability: In case we collected and use your personal information based on consent or performance of a contract and the processing is carried out by electronic means, you have the right to receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information, which you are free to transmit it to another company.
11.7 Right to withdraw consent: If you gave us your consent for the collection and usage of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. This can be done either by the unsubscribe link or by sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11.8 Right to lodge a complaint at a supervisory authority: If you have a complaint about how we have used your information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, or to the supervisory authority of the Member State in which you live, work, or where the alleged infringement took place.
12 HOW TO CONTACT US
12.2 Kallo Foods Limited is registered in England and Wales with company number 02893019 and has its registered office at Meadows Business Park Station Approach, Blackwater, Camberley, GU17 9AB.